Thursday, June 12, 2008

What is it Going to Take ?

On June 10, I attended the Cincinnati Streetcar Forum at the University of Cincinnati. While listening to the speakers I concluded that regardless of how long it will take to build a streetcar system and perhaps even a light rail system, any of us who can should get out of our cars as much as possible. Ride public transportation or use alternative forms of transportation or just car pool with our neighbors and colleagues. I am fortunate that I work in the central business district which is well served by Metro. While not a stranger to Metro, Tank or the Chicago Transit Authority, I fell into the habit of convenience and the desire to maintain my individual schedule. Having been a rider of public transportation for years; I am a currently a regular bus and train rider when working in our Chicago office or traveling to other cities. I have also taken to Megabus to travel between Chicago and Cincinnati. So, my Cincinnati commuting experiment begins on July 1 as I give up my parking pass in the 600 Vine Garage and split my commute between Metro and my scooter. I hope you consider joining me !

No comments: